Would you like to open each mail in your inbox?
I think your answer would be NO!
Am I right?
Yes, I know I’m right.
Which type of emails do you like to open without any hesitation in your congested inbox?
Ask yourself first without asking it to anyone else.
I think most of the time you’ll open those emails first which are related to your profession.
Then you’ll go for those which will be interesting and attract you more.
So it means you know the facts. What you have to do is first place yourself as one of your email subscribers. And now check all the emails from your side which you have sent it in past. Are they worth to read? Just filter out unnecessary email from that list. And here you will get only qualitative and informative mails, which you think that those were the best emails which you have sent it till now.
Now do the second step, just check all of those filtered emails histories. Were they clicked, opened or not. Now track all those emails too, which you have left as they were not useful for your subscribers.
What did you get?
By comparing those figures, most of the cases you will not get the result as per your expectation. There may be the higher number of clicks on those emails about which you thought that those might not be useful for your recipients. This is the embarrassing movement for every email marketer.
Actually, this is very true. We can’t predict the psychology of all humans. But we can increase our prediction label.
But the question is HOW?
There is a simple formula for that, just keep an eye on every single movement of your email subscribers means just start to track them. And my personal advice in this regard is that do read some books, blogs related to your niche on a daily basis. And apply them; you will get an amazing result in the short period. Books are an awesome way to understand human psychology. Most of the successful persons in this word, try to read something useful daily. So books are the great things to increase your knowledge.
Once you understand your subscribers, you’ll no need to ask again “Tips to get opened your email in the congested inbox.”
So today, apart from these above tips I am going to share some other useful tips with you which are working fruitfully for me. Just read them one by one and analyze which one you not using and try to apply all. Do remember one thing 47% of user like to open an email because of the subject line. So you can’t ignore it.
- Use Sensory and emotional words: This is awesome, or you can say it is the power of words. When you start using these words, you’ll see that you have improved your CTR. Sensory and emotional words are very attractive and heart touching. So they will give you desired results.
- Share your experience (good and bad): Do share your experiences. It doesn’t matter good or bad. Both are equally effective. People want to know the truth about anything. So share your story, share your good and worst experiences in front of your audience. This will also increase your trust level with your audience.
- Case Study about any Issue: Case studies are very popular among all ages. Everyone want to know how you get rid of any issue in the right way. So try to include the case study in your subject line and tell them the facts.
- Create a sense of urgency: Try to show some urgency, like Get it now, it will expire within 4 hours! Or anything else whatever you like. It hits in recipient’s mind to take action earliest as possible.
- Ask short questions: Putting questions are one of the best ways to engage your audience with your content. It always works. So don’t forget to try this in your next email. If you do this, your subscribers will be more active than previous.
- Give Some Personal Touch: Try to talk one to one; means try to show just you and your recipient communicating. It should seem like you, and your recipients’ are talking directly. The result says that 64% of people like to open that email where their name are motioned. Now just imagine, only less than 40% are like to open emails in their inboxes for the other reasons. So why you should avoid this.
- Avoid spammy subject lines: Don’t write your subject line like spammers. Try to avoid spammy words always, Otherwise; there will be no difference between you and spammers.
- Call to Action: Don’t send your emails without the proper call to action, it’s sort of like you didn’t send it at all. See the examples: “click here for more information” “start your community today.”
- Controversial: It always works in most of the field. Controversy force to a human to read and participate in that topic. So you may choose this once in a month, not each time.
Image source spot.im
Okay, now try these tips in your next email and check the result. You’ll get the result, I know.
What is the purpose of sending emails to your recipients?
You’re not just writing emails for fun, are you?
Wrapping it up
So always try to sell your product because you are spending some money on your bulk email newsletter provider. So it should be result oriented. As you know, email marketing gives you the highest ROI in the market, but you should do it in the right way otherwise you know. So, I want to tell you that do it in an always process, never try to sell from your first mail. First, try to make true relation with your recipients by sending them some information and then start to promote your products or affiliate links.
Email marketing is an essential element of your marketing strategy, and it’s not costly. But make sure that your emails have added value. That’s it.
These were some smart and useful tips to get opened your email. Do apply and share your working tips with us if you have any which are not mentioned here.